We are looking for someone to fill our Junior Application Support position. Read below & see if you have what it takes to be a part of our technology team!
You will will join the Application Support team and provide technical and administrative support for all trading and operational systems. The successful candidate will work closely with 3rd party support functions across multiple companies in different time zones to provide the best support to our traders.
You will be working with leading edge and bespoke technology to ensure our traders get unrivaled connectivity to these markets.
You will work closely with the Dublin team to provide support to all Positive Traders across several sites and play an active role in the ongoing project work required of an IT Team catering for the needs of a rapidly growing trading firm.
You will be responsible for all aspects of running and supporting a successful office based on your IT skills but covering all other areas required to fully support traders in their trading success.
• B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 1 year providing 2nd level application support.
• Application Support – provide primary support by dealing with user requests and responding to outages for all trading, operational and market data systems
• Application Maintenance – new system deployments and upgrades for all trading systems
• Continuous improvement of trading support procedures, tools and runtime environment
• Assisting 3rd parties to trouble shoot and resolve more delicate issues
• Log and track issues ensuring the customer is kept aware of progress
• Having full responsibility for office maintenance will be part of your role
Knowledge & Skills
• Excellent IT analytical/troubleshooting skills is mandatory
• Trading systems support would be a distinct advantage
• Share Point administration will be a beneficial
• Time management, organization and prioritization
• Initiative – proven record of seeking continuous improvement and implementing best practice in technology environment
• Self-motivated and creative in all aspects of your work
• Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
Hours of work
This role will involve extensive training and team building in Dublin head office with the possibility of overseas cover in other offices. We work split shifts Monday to Friday covering from 6am to after 9pm.
If this is the role for you, pop an email with your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.